Saturday 10 May, 2014

Own Me In Fragments

Let me rub myself off
On your every morn.
A languid yawn,
Sweat imprint on your pillow,
Hair in your shower,
Wet towel on your bed.

Let me be clod of garden mud
Sticking at the hem of your trouser.
A forgotten kerchief
In the pocket of your tweed that
Your fingers brush against
Every time you put your hand inside
Let me be mote of dust
dancing around your head
In the slant of sunlight

Let my memory pluck sticks of frown
From your brow
before trickling down your neck
Let my kisses be lump of sugar
on your tongue that continue to
sweeten your mouth long after its gone.
Let my laughter tickle the inside of your lower lip
Keeping you awake late into
The sultry summer nights

There is no retrieving
Those pieces of me
That slipped and rolled under
Your kitchen sink
Or Removing my lipstick stain
From your shirt collar

Let moments and fragments
Fragments and moments
Be the only things we own
Never each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment