Friday 15 June, 2012

Soul Speak






I am not the only one living in
Crumbling sand castle I carry on my shoulders
Several people keep walking in and out
Speaking in voices louder than my own

They move the furniture around
Rearrange my thoughts for me
Tell me what to feel
How to act or react

I get crowded in my own dwelling
Pushed around, manhandled, talked down
Made to feel redundant, almost an intruder
Someone entirely dispensable

I often struggle to find my feet and voice
To be heard and seen
My only solace is impermanence
Nothing has lasted forever, nothing will

Crumbling maybe, but it’s my abode
I have lasted longer than all those
Soul suckers with trampling feet
Last word will always be mine.

1 comment:

  1. let it be crumbling... but its your abode..
    strong symbols of poetry.
    great Job I must say, though being a novice.

    ReplyDelete